Other blogs have already reported on a few of the campaign finance filings that are rolling in today (Hakeem Jeffries, Chris Gibson, Grace Meng), and here are a few other notable ones that we’re currently seeing.
This is from the period between April 1 and June 6:
– Republican congressional candidate Joe Carvin, who is running against Westchester-area Rep. Nita Lowey, had vowed to put in $1 million into his campaign — and has made good on the promise. He has loaned himself that sum, raised $49,000 during the most recent fundraising period, and has a little more than $1 million on hand.
– Central New York Republican Rep. Anne Marie Buerkle raised $264,000 during this period and has $695,000 on hand. She faces a challenge from Democratic ex-Congressman Dan Maffei.
– Mark Murphy, a Democrat running against Brooklyn/Staten Island Congressman Michael Grimm, raised $112,000 and has $177,000 on hand.( UPDATE: Seeing now that this had been written about this morning in greater depth.)
– Hudson Valley-area Rep. Nan Hayworth, who awaits the winner of a multi-candidate Democratic primary, raised $191,000 and has $1.2 million on hand.
– Republican Randy Altschuler, who is facing off against Democratic Long Island Rep. Tim Bishop, raised $250,000 and has $759,000 on hand. He had previously loaned $500,000 to his campaign.
Trackback from your site.