City & State's 2020 Digital New York will convene New York's information leaders from government and industry for a day-long, dynamic program of candid discussion and thought-provoking presentations on the innovative ideas being used to improve the delivery of services to both citizens and government agencies.
2020 Digital NY Summit
Breakfast & Registration
Keynote Remarks by Jessica Tisch, Commissioner, New York City Department of Information Technology and Telecommunications and Citywide Chief Information Officer
Special Presentation by Randy Peers, Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce
Keeping Up with Evolving Technology: Challenges and Opportunities for New York
New York City continues to grow as a worldwide leader and driver of technological innovation. However, this does not mean the city can always keep up with the ever-evolving landscape. Experts on this panel will assess how well government and the private sector are keeping up with rapidly changing systems, what opportunities exist for future growth, and how New York can remain a global leader in the technology sector.
- Ian Bester, Vice President, General Manager, BrainStation (moderator)
- Assemblyman Clyde Vanel, Chairman, Internet and Technology Committee
- Cordell Schachter, Chief Technology Officer, New York City Department of Transportation
- Deshard Stevens, Chief Information Officer, New York City Commission on Human Rights
- Hassan Adekoya, Chief Information Officer, New York City Department of City Planning
- Joe Hemway, Vice President of Information Technology & CIO, Pratt Institute
- Suri Kasirer, President, Kasirer
Special Presentation by Kamal Bherwani, CEO of GCOM Software
High Speed New York
Whether it be the internet, public transportation, or an online order, New Yorkers are always looking for one thing: more speed. How can New York continue to speed up processes across a variety of systems? This panel will look at expanding broadband access, implementing 5G networks, protecting net neutrality, modernizing transportation technology, accelerating infrastructure projects, and more, all in the service of moving things faster.
- Joshua Breitbart, Deputy CTO, New York City Mayor’s Office of the CTO
- Assemblymember Patricia Fahy, Sponsored Net Neutrality legislation
- Gale Brewer, Manhattan Borough President
- Ray Patalano, Senior Director Field & Channel Marketing, Americas Region. Ciena
- Ana Rua, Government Affairs, NY City & State, Crown Castle
- Joe Fasone, CEO, Pilot Fiber
21st Century Data Security
New York has made data security a priority over the last couple years. Our panelists will discuss next steps for data security in New York, recent threat trends, and how government agencies protect themselves and their data. In addition, the panel will highlight best practices to protect particularly sensitive data in areas including health care, education, cybersecurity and more.
- Tariq Habib, Chief Information Security Officer, MTA
- Richard T. Jacobs, Assistant Special Agent In-Charge, Cyber Branch, FBI
- John S. Shegerian, CEO, ERI
- Anna Mercado Clark, CIPP/E, Partner, E-Discovery & Digital Forensics Practice Group Leader, Phillips Lytle LLP
- Das Nobel, Founder & CEO, MTX
Technology Partnerships for Resilient Infrastructure and Public Safety Services
Because New York City is one of the most technologically advanced cities in the world, it is also one of the most technologically vulnerable cities. Even with the latest innovations in place, the infrastructure and technology used to keep New Yorkers safe are never invincible in the event of a natural or man-made disaster. Our panelists will discuss how government agencies are balancing digital vs. analog, and how the public and private sector can work together to build resilient infrastructure and public safety services in the face of an emergency.
- Pat Murphy, Commissioner, New York State Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Services
- Deanne Criswell, Commissioner, New York City Emergency Management
- Nicole Spina, Senior Project Manager, New York City Economic Development Corp.
- Cale Teeter-Gregg, Vice President of Federal Sales, GoTenna
- Alex Jaimes, Chief Scientist & SVP of AI, Dataminr