City & State's 2018 Digital New York will convene New York's information leaders from government and industry for a day-long, dynamic program of candid discussion and thought-provoking presentations on the innovative ideas being used to improve the delivery of services to both citizens and government agencies.
Digital NY Summit & Awards
Registration & Networking Breakfast
Opening Keynote Samir Saini, Commissioner, NYC Department of Information Technology and Telecommunications
Panel: Successful Data Strategies
A successful data strategy brings together the right people, processes, and technology to effectively identify, classify and protect critical and regulated data. Organizations need a framework that addresses all of the issues of data quality, standards and management. This session will be a lively discussion on what an organization needs for good data governance to enable data sharing, to ensure data security, to ensure data security, to use the rightcloud service, and to maintain transparency.
- Noel A. Hidalgo, Executive Director of BetaNYC (moderator)
- Tayyab Walker, Director of Enterprise Data Solutions, Mayor’s Office for Economic Opportunity
- Moses Kamya, Chief Information Officer, Office of the Attorney General, New York State
- Archana Jayaram, Deputy Commissioner of Strategic Planning and Policy, NYC Department of Buildings
11:15am Introduction to Broadband for All
Rodney S. Capel, VP, State Government Affairs, Charter Communications
Panel: Broadband for All
High-speed internet has become essential to full participation in today’s economy. From applying for jobs to doing homework, access to fast, reliable internet is crucial to making the most of opportunities in today’s world. As a strategy for reducing income inequality and digital deserts, New York is leading the nation with the largest state broadband investment program. What does net neutrality rules mean to New York’s providers?
- David Bronston, Special Counsel, Phillips Lytle LLP (moderator)
- Jeffrey Nordhaus, Executive Vice President of Broadband and Innovation, Empire State Development
- Joshua Breitbart. Deputy CTO for Broadband, Mayor’s Office of the CTO
- Thomas McCarthy, Director of Operations, Transit Wireless
- Jason Caliento, SVP of Network Strategy, Mobilitie
Lunch is served.
Lunch Awards Ceremony Honoring:
Wael Hibri, Ph.D. Senior Director, MTA Business Service Center
Evin Floyd Robinson, Co-Founder & Director, New York On Tech
Theresa A. Pardo, Ph.D. Director of the Center for Technology in Government University at Albany (UAlbany), SUNY
1-on-1 Interview - Innovation in Government
This session will highlight how Government is taking advantage of new technologies and preparing for the future with our citizens in mind. Hear about innovative applications being used to enhance the citizen experience and the building blocks of services to keep in mind as you take control and shape technology to fit the citizen’s needs.
City & State’s Editor, Jon Lentz will talk to Miguel Gamino, Chief Technology Officer, New York City
Panel: Trends in Cyber Security
Government organizations are under attack and the stakes have never been higher. Threats of all types are increasingly sophisticated and better organized. This session looks at trends to predict, prepare for, and defend against today’s most insidious threats. Our panel of cybersecurity professionals will discuss productive ways industry experts can help public sector practitioners meet their objectives and sort through the maze of security policies, tools and integration challenges when implementing cyber security technologies to government agencies.
- Tariq Habib, Chief Information Security Officer, New York Metropolitan. Transportation Authority
- Deborah Snyder, Chief Information Security Officer, Information Technology Services, New York State
- Richard T. Jacobs, Assistant Special Agent In-Charge, Cyber Branch, FBI
- Colin Ahern, Deputy CISO for the City of New York, NYC Cyber Command
- Antwayne Ford, President & CEO, Enlightened, Inc.
- Fred Rica, Principal, Cyber Security, and National Cyber Defense Leader, KPMG
- Nasir Memon, Professor Department of Computer Science and Engineering, NYU Tandon
Panel: Smart Cities & Internet of Things
It’s clear that smart technologies and IoT are the future of our communities. This session explores the role of government in using, exploiting, controlling and surviving the hyper-connected world of IoT and how it will affect our communities.
- Babak D. Beheshti, Professor and Associate Dean, School of Engineering and Computing Sciences, New York Institute of Technology (moderator)
- Cordell Schachter, Chief Technology Officer, Department of Transportation
- Councilmember Ydanis Rodriguez, Chair Committee on Transportation
- Gale Brewer, Manhattan Borough President
- Leslie J. Snyder, Co-Founder, Snyder & Snyder, LLP
- Benjamin (Britt) Harter, Director, PwC's State and Local Government Practice
- Joe Fasone, Founder & CEO, Pilot