After City & State’s readers said last year that the person they would most want to share a blunt with was Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, she replied on Twitter: “Is this the new ‘who you’d want to have a beer with.’” And the results of the poll reflected who people thought would be a chill or fun person to hang out with.
On the other end of the spectrum is the nightmare blunt rotation, which is composed of the worst group of people in someone’s eyes to relax with and smoke. In honor of our special report on the legal cannabis industry, here are some nightmare pairings these politicians wouldn’t want to see passing them a joint. Plus see below the photos for some recent submissions from readers.
Feb. 7, 2024, update: After this initial post had everyone abuzz, we solicited more nightmare blunt rotations from our readers. Here are some of the best selections.
– Jumaane Williams, Adrienne Adams, Ross Barkan
– Jumaane Williams, the Progressive Caucus of the City Council
– Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, Brock Pierce, John Catsimatidis, Bernie Kerik
– Jay Jacobs, Terry and Kim Pegula, Adam Sullivan
– Bail reform, Lee Zeldin, Office of Cannabis Management
– Buffalo Bills team
– Speed cameras, Bob Holden, New York Post reporters Carl Campanile and Jon Levine